And yet today, I'm trying to do just that.
It's been three years since I walked down the aisle to marry my prince.
Three years since I left my singlehood behind, binding myself to my husband, becoming one flesh.
It's been three years since I've experienced the less-than-perfect existence that was my life before I became Mrs. Rocky Stone.
In three years we have:
Rented out one of our homes
Sold another home
Quit 2 jobs
Sold half of our belongings
Moved across country
Rented an apartment
Helped plant a church
Started 2 new jobs
Become foster parents
Bought a fixer-upper
Leased a new car
Become pregnant
And those are just the major milestones.
In 1,095 days we have been through so much; Most of it hasn't been difficult, just challenging, as every new adventure is. We have been a team every step of the way. We have honored our vows and looked to our Creator, our church, our family and friends to walk alongside us, hold us up, encourage us, support us.
It has been the best three years of my life.
I could not imagine my life, this journey, without this specific man as my partner, my friend, my mate.
Dearest Rocky,
Do you remember our first date? I remember being so afraid to go; afraid of being known, afraid it would mess everything up, afraid of being judged. So much fear!
I remember you walking out to meet me, and you smiled. And I felt instant relief. Like I was grabbing dinner with an old friend.
Only we weren't old friends. Just acquaintances. But something was there, right away, after all that time of passing by. I would never let myself think that. Never even admit it if I thought there was a spark. Only now can I look back and say, "Yes. It was there. My soul could recognize who you were."
That date at El Torito, over chips and salsa and endless conversation, God was already binding us together. Already moving us towards the greatest adventure of our lives. I will never forget that night.
And now, here it is on our third anniversary and it's hard to believe all that we've done, seen, become. It all feels like a dream. A wonderful, satisfying, too-good-to-be-true dream.
Every day I wake up overwhelmed with joy and gratitude that I get to be your wife.
Every day I give thanks to God for helping me get over my fears and let you love me.
Every day I look at you and wonder how on earth I got so lucky.
Every day I look at our (growing) family with you as the head and I feel peace, knowing that you will steer our ship safely.
Every day I get to spend with you is the happiest day of my life.
You simply are the very best thing.
With Deep Love and Admiration,
Nicole

❤️
ReplyDelete